Friday, September 26, 2014

"Continuing on" - 09/26/14 - Nehemiah 1-3

"So I went up the valley in the dark continuing"(2:15)


There are times when getting out of our comfort zone reminds us of the valleys we have journeyed through.  Some moments, places, words, are able to take us back and we then stand at a crossroad.  We can either go down the "valley of memories", sinking into a pity party, picking up doubt, considering His Word is not Truth, or we can turn and place our focus on our ABBA. 


 "In the dark, continuing" - continuing - onward - or continuing to stay. 


Yesterday I was being bombarded with memories from the dark valley.  My ABBA gave me strength and courage.  His Words came over the radio through numerous Christian artists, His colors in the turning crops against the beautiful sky reminded me He designed and created beauty in all.  He gave me His Words in my heart to remind me, "I am His Beloved". 


Through Him my eyes were opened to His blessings falling down upon me to cast off the darkness.  The songs, the sermon, words spoken by others.  Even finding chicken breast on sale for $.99 a pound!  There wasn't much time left for Adam's football game by then, and I debated going on home.  It was out of my hands when coming to the stoplight, I found myself turning right and heading for the game.  Parking at the top of the hill, I could see the players in the field below as they fought for the ball.  Sitting between them and me on the bleachers were parts of my heart.  


With the lights illuminating their outlines, I knew He was shinning down upon them too, pointing out to me, telling me, "these people are part of the many blessings when out of your valley".  Two bright eyes shinning in delight, her smile hidden by her binky, her little body bound up in such excitement, squirming to get down, her little legs pumping as fast as they could around the bleachers to where I was at.  


There at the end of my day was my little friend.  Nora.   


Just like my ABBA.  Just like my Savior.  Just like The Holy Spirit.  Just like His Word. 


Always, always there - bringing delighted Light into darkness. 


"I said, "God, God-of-Heaven, The Great and Awesome God, loyal to His covenant and faithful to those who love Him and obey His commands(1:5)                       

No comments: