Saturday, September 13, 2014

"He Really Meant It" - 09/13/14 - Joel 1-3

God's Judgment Day - great and terrible. Who can possibly survive this? Change Your Life   But there's also this, it's not too late - God's personal Message! - "Come back to Me and really mean it! Come fasting and weeping, sorry for your sins!"   Change your life, not just your clothes. Come back to God, your God. And here's why: God is kind and merciful. He takes a deep breath, puts up with a lot, This most patient God, extravagant in Love, always ready to cancel catastrophe.(2:11-13)


How great Thou Art.  How great Thou Art.


"This most patient God, extravagant in Love, always ready to cancel catastrophe". 


There is none other like Him, nor will there ever be.  His mercy and grace continually amaze me at their limitless depths.  His everlasting, unconditional love fills me and my heart overflows. 


He is my center.


I didn't always live life like this though.  It took a total change from me, for He has given me - all of us - free will.  My choice to come to Him had to come from within my heart.  It was the only way a heart transformation could take place, so now it is my whole of life, not just my "clothes" that has changed.   It isn't about being "good enough", doing enough "good things", being a "good person".  It has to be the whole of me running after Him, not just the lip service.  I must walk the talk and my fruits will show if I am or not. 


I had to "Come back to Me and really mean it!"  It wasn't just an act. 
It is now my way of living this life He has blessed me with.


As God, He could easily take my sins and lord them over me.  Treat me in a way I am deserving of, but instead He covers me with grace and mercy, unconditional love, total forgiveness.  In doing so, I find myself falling before Him in repentance, in sorrow for how I have hurt Him, others.  He could easily put His foot upon my head, keeping me down.  He doesn't.  He lifts me up into Him, giving me words of encouragement, instruction to Love and forgive as He does.  He gives to me examples in extending grace and mercy as He does. 


He could easily then let me go about stumbling my own way.  He doesn't.  For once His, always His - unless I walk away from Him.  Never does He go away from me.  Never does He reject me.  Never does He stop loving me. 


No matter how often I slip and fail.  No matter how often I serve "self" instead of Him. 


He wants nothing more than to cancel the final catastrophe - that of being separated from Him eternally. 


"And here's why: God is kind and merciful. He takes a deep breath, puts up with a lot, This most patient God, extravagant in love".


He really meant it.



No comments: