Friday, September 12, 2014

"The Tree" - 09/12/14 - Ezekiel 46-48

He told me, "This water flows east, descends to the Arabah and then into the sea, the sea of stagnant waters. When it empties into those waters, the sea will become fresh.   Wherever the river flows, life will flourish - great schools of fish - because the river is turning the salt sea into fresh water. Where the river flows, life abounds.  Fishermen will stand shoulder to shoulder along the shore from En-gedi all the way north to En-eglaim, casting their nets. The sea will teem with fish of all kinds, like the fish of the Great Mediterranean.   "The swamps and marshes won't become fresh. They'll stay salty.  "But the river itself, on both banks, will grow




fruit trees of all kinds. Their leaves won't wither, the fruit won't fail. Every month they'll bear fresh fruit because the river from the Sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing."(47:8-12)


I love taking this verse and applying it to my soul.  my heart.  my life.


How it was "the sea of stagnant waters" before His Waters flowed into me. 


How He has transformed my whole being into "fresh water" - flowing and life abounds.


Where I am not alone, where I stand "shoulder to shoulder" with His family - my family.  Casting our nets - living as "fishers of men". 


How even though there are still "salty places, which aren't fresh" in my life, His waters are more vast.  His waters are where I come to refresh, to be made strong.  His Waters have cleansed me and I know I will never again be stuck in the mires of the swamps and marshes.


How I love that I am a strong "tree" in Him, a tree which bears fruit for Him.


How I love that He is The Tree, The Tree, in which my roots have come from.  The Tree in which the leaves never wither, which provides the constant fruit.  The Tree of Eternal Life.


How I love He feeds me, provides for me. 
How I love the cool, healing balm of Him.  


How I so love His Words - His personal love letter to me. 
and you.


His Trees.



No comments: