Sunday, September 21, 2014

"Enduring the Torture" - 09/21/14 - Zechariah 1-7

"Well, the message hasn't changed. God-of-the-Angel-Armies said then and says now: "'Treat one another justly. Love your neighbors. Be compassionate with each other.  Don't take advantage of widows, orphans, visitors, and the poor. Don't plot and scheme against one another - that's evil.' (7:9-10)


We drove away from the Lamm home last night, heading towards ours, with our belly's full, as well as our hearts.  This family has taken us in and accepted us with their arms wide open - as we have theirs.  I love the relationships that have developed and are growing.  I love watching and interacting with the little ones, anticipating with joy the years ahead.  I don't like watching football and that was our after dinner agenda.    It is only because of the persons I was surrounded by that I was able to endure the torture of what was before me on the screen. 


We have been meeting almost every Wednesday for the past five years in a Bible Study with persons who have become our "family".  I love when out and about, looking over and seeing one of them.  The connection that is there and knowing it is only growing stronger with each passing day.


Every other Thursday there is a group of women, His Beloved, who meet to study His Word, grow together "in" Him.  This group of sisters He has brought together to share life with. 


I think about all of the people in our lives, some for many seasons, and have to sit back, undo my top button, because my life is so full.  He has taken strangers and created a family.  The freedom to be myself, to know without doubt I am loved, accepted, treasured, cherished, is a gift I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.  The joy of knowing and hearing encouragement, delighting in the blend of "us" as we share and create new moments and memories.  The security and peace of acceptance, being lifted up and not torn down, seeing me as I am - His.  The blessings of being surrounded by Him through His family.


It is only by being surrounded with His family that I am able to endure the tortures satan throws up at me.  My family not only loves me through Him, they hold me accountable, grow, nurture, replenish, and refresh me. 


How very blessed I am. 

No comments: