Thursday, September 25, 2014

"Tiny House" - 09/25/14 - Ezra 7-10

"My God was on my side and I was ready to go"(7:28)


Nichalas and I were discussing our will the other day.  He and Amber have decided if anything should happen to Curt or I, her parents, they would move home to help out.  Our conversation then turned to being ready to move and how stuff, obligations, can slow you down.  There is a new show I enjoy, "Tiny House Nation".  If we didn't use our home for ABBA through hosting Bible studies, having persons stay with us when they need to, or the business, this way of living very much appeals to me.  The older I am becoming, the less stuff I desire to have around me.  It used to be I had our walls, surfaces displaying different items, now there is a lot of bare space.  During the winter down months, I like to go through, organizing the home, ridding it of even more stuff.  Stuff I don't use or no longer want to take care of.  ABBA has transformed our hearts to ridding our lives of debt, rather than accumulating it by buying more stuff.  We utilize the appliances showing off their beautiful 1977 avocado green colors in our kitchen.  It would be so easy to transform it into 2014, but we want to get the home paid off before that takes place, to up the value of the home for the day when we do sell.  I try to have the office work up-to-date, as well as other areas in our life.  Getting there! 


I am striving to live as though I will be taken "Home" at any time.  It is my goal to have the home/business side of things taken care of, so when I do go, Curt, Adam, Nichalas, and Amber are able to focus on "them", not wading through mountains of stuff.  In changing my way of living, ABBA has given me such a freedom.  There isn't the heavy weight of "stuff" pulling me down, occupying my time, keeping me from being "at the ready".


I have come to the place where my heart is much like the homes in "Tiny House Nation".  It carries only what ABBA wants me to have.  There are still times I pick up things of the world and try to insert it into a nook or cranny, thinking it won't matter.  But before I know it, it has expanded and overflowed into other areas of my heart.  He is having me see through His eyes, the things of this world can not take up residency within a heart of Him.  He is also opening my eyes to see the "bargains" of this world aren't a great deal at all, they end up costing more than you can imagine. 


It amazes me when seeing a tiny home completed, how much they have incorporated into them.  Everything is in its place, often times multipurpose, and easily packed up and ready to go.  That is how I want my heart and my life to be.  Full of Him.  The gifts and talents He has blessed me with to be used for Him.  To be at the ready, to get out of my comfort zone and go out to where He leads me.  Needs me to be.  Go.  Do. 


I desire my "tiny heart" will be "huge in Him".  For Him.  At the ready.  "Ready to go." Always.

No comments: