Thursday, January 29, 2015

"In Him" - 01/29/15 - Genesis 48-50

"Then he blessed them: The God before whom walked my fathers Abraham and Isaac, The God who has been my Shepherd all my lifelong to this very day,
The Angel who delivered me from every evil, Bless the boys."(48:15-16)
 
I never would have imagined what a roller coaster ride of emotions being a mom would be and is. 
 
I never imagined what it would be like to have a piece of your heart walking on the outside of you.  I never imagined being able to love someone so much it didn't seem possible you would love them even more within the next breath - but you do.  I never imagined the blessings of being a mom would be as wonderful as they are. 
 
And so blessed am I.
 
I began praying for our children to grow up into an intimacy with ABBA as soon as I knew they were in my womb.  I also began praying for their future mates at the same time.  My desire for our children and future grandchildren to know, truly know, what intimacy with ABBA is has turned into my passion, for  Him to be the center of their lives.  For them to be filled with Him from the tips of their toes to the top of their heads.  I wanted for them to have what I didn't.  I wanted them to miss out on what it was like to walk apart from ABBA.
 
I listen as I hear others speak of our Adam leading their Bible study lesson.  I praise our ABBA in hearing how Adam dug into His Word and spoke from his heart.  How his love for ABBA is evident.  How ABBA is using this quiet young man as a strong warrior.  I love to see the working of ABBA about and around those in his life.  ABBA reminds me when thinking about Adam - still waters run deep.
 
Last night, I sat and listened to our Nichalas sharing about his day.  The students.  Events.  My heart swelled with gladness as the passion came through his words as he told of how ABBA was using him to touch lives, who other than he, don't see Christ anywhere.  I prayed thanks in hearing and knowing our ABBA is using both he and Amber where they are planted.  Knowing there are persons who ABBA needs to use them for His Glory helps ease the selfishness and pain I feel in wanting them to be here, so we can share life day to day.
 
I praise our ABBA in knowing our grandchildren will be raised up in knowing Him.  I praise Him, knowing He will be using us and future generations to bring others to Him.  I thank Him for surrounding them with His hedge of protection.  I thank Him for hearing and answering my prayers. 
 
I am blessed in the honor of seeing and enjoying these fruits of my prayers. 
 
How Awesome is our Lord.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: