Wednesday, January 28, 2015

"Settled In" - 01/28/15 - Genesis 46-47



"Joseph settled his father and brothers in Egypt, made them proud owners of choice land."(47:11)

Wow.  Just Wow. 

After all his brothers had done to him, he settled them on choice land, provided everything for them and then handed over the keys.  They became proud owners.  Not tenants.  Owners.

That is such a fantastic example of forgiveness.  There isn't any record of what their conversations were leading up to this moment, but I assume their was a change in the brothers hearts towards Joseph.  Regardless, Joseph was Christlike in his actions.

I have betrayed Christ over and over.  And Christ - He gave me forgiveness for all my sins - yesterday, today, tomorrow - when I became His.  He didn't have to.  But He did.

His Word, The Holy Spirit, have transformed my heart.  I desire to please and draw near to my ABBA.  Striving to be Christlike in all of my words, actions, and thoughts. 

And still, after all I have done, will do, in my journey - the sins - He has settled me in His Land. 

Not as a tenant, but as an owner. 

Amazing how He loves us isn't it. 

No comments: