Wednesday, January 07, 2015

"My Someone" - 01/07/15 - Job 14-16

"There must be Someone in heaven who knows the truth about me, in highest heaven, some Attorney who can clear my name -
My Champion, my Friend, while I'm weeping my eyes out before God.                 
I appeal to The One who represents mortals before God as a neighbor stands up for a neighbor."   (16:19-21)
 
My heart breaks as I read the gut wrenching words of Job.  My heart breaks for those who do not know The "Someone" Job was pleading for.  The "Someone" who we call our Savior.
 
There is an actual ache inside of my being when I read these words.  The place of no hope.  The place of not knowing the feeling of security which comes when "in" Christ.  The being in The Palm of our ABBA's Hand.  The knowing, without any doubt, no matter what attacks us, harms us physically, mentally, or emotionally, we are safe spiritually - for Eternity.
 
My heart skips a beat knowing how close I came to not choosing to live my life "in" Him.   
 
Such words of comfort.  such words to draw strength from.
 
"My Champion.  My Friend."
 
My Savior.  My Jesus. My "Someone". 
 
 
 
 

No comments: