Wednesday, March 09, 2016

"His Land" - 03/09/16 - Numbers 33-34


"

"But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then it shall be that those whom you let remain shall be irritants in your eyes and thorns in your sides, and they shall harass you in the land where you dwell. Moreover it shall be that I will do to you as I thought to do to them."   (33:55-56)


I shall always love the smells of spring.  I miss the smells and the look of a field freshly plowed.  The rich, dark dirt turned over, preparing for the seed to be planted. Reminding me of how He has taken my heart. 

"drive out the inhabitants of the land".  the inhabitants of my heart. 

How thankful I am in how He has and is transforming the "land of my heart".  How He has come in and driven out the parts that are not of Him.  Preparing it.   Planting in it.  Harvesting from it. 

Our Christ shares with us the parable of the seeds - the different soils, the conditions - His Word - our hearts.

It is so easy to forget, when my heart did not have Him in it - when I lived outside of Christ - and become judgmental, impatient to those who are where I once was.  When I was young, I went with the flow.  Everyone was "accepting" Christ, so I did.  Because I didn't want to be left out.  Most of us didn't have a clue what intimacy "in" Him really meant, we just wanted to belong.  To not stand out as an outsider. 

And now, my desire is to be an outsider in this world and belong to Him.

Funny how that turned out.....

Especially when His seed fell on rocky ground. 

There are times when I am mowing by the bluffs and I have to just sit and stare.  In places - somehow, someway, a seed sprouted, took root, and became a rather large tree.  There in the rock the little roots wove their way into the cracks and hung on.

Looking back at the time when my heart was a rock, when I wasn't interested in following Him, I am able to see He found the cracks in my heart of rock and "drove out the inhabitants of the land".  His Word wove His way in and grew. 

He has transformed the rock of my heart into rich soil.  Soil that is growing seeds for Him. 

I stand amazed at how He has drawn my heart to Him, covering me in His Grace and Mercy. 
How I now run after Him, drink Him in. 
How my heart, my all, is head over heels in love with Him.  










No comments: