Wednesday, March 23, 2016

"The Sacrifice of Easter" - 03/23/16 - Joshua 1-4



"When you see the Covenant-Chest of God, your God, carried by the Levitical priests, start moving. Follow it.
Make sure you keep a proper distance between you and it, about half a mile—be sure now to keep your distance!—
and you’ll see clearly the route to take. You’ve never been on this road before.” (3:3)



I love my Savior has made it so I do not have to keep my distance from my Abba - from my Daddy.  Because of The Sacrifice of Christ - I now am able to walk, knowing my Daddy encloses me from all directions.  On a road not yet journeyed.  His Word is my map.  My map for the gold mine.  The gold is the "Treasure Of Lost Souls".




Today, the practice of using a bird to test the air supply has become part of coal mining lore, but the ideology behind it has become a popular expression. The old phrase "living like a canary in a coal mine" often refers to serving as a warning to others. The actual canary had little control over its fate, but it continued to sing anyway, until it died.  A sacrifice needed to let the miners know the shaft was safe to enter. Unlike the canary, whose fate was in the hands of its handler, our Jesus had the free will to offer Himself as my Savior. 

He gave His life in order that I may be made pure and holy.  So I may have an intimate relationship with my ABBA.  He has taken away the poisonous gases that are in life and replaced it with the pure, sweet air I now breath.  He went before me as The Sacrifice, so I may go forward into the mine. 

Underneath the earth's surface lay the tunnels.  Tunnels that wind their way for miles, some coming to dead ends, all are without natural light, some of which are sometimes flooded or have experienced a cave in.  Unless you look at and carry the map of these tunnels, you are basically walking blind.  People have already went in and surveyed, with great risk, to create these maps, so workers are able to know where to go, where the mine is producing, and where not to go. 

I am instructed, "as I go to make Disciples for Him".(Matthew 28:19) 

I look at this much the same way as mining for gold. 

Without looking into His Word, carrying it within me - I am stumbling about.  Wasting precious time, missing out on Divine Appointments.  I am instructed to go into the tunnels of this world and grasp the lost souls who are wandering about in the dark.  I need to shine His Light into their darkness.

When Christ returned to God, He left with us our Helper, The Holy Spirit.  We also have with us His Word.  It is up to us to "go and make Disciples".

If I were mining and decide not to go into an area I knew was safe after the canaries death, what is the use of sacrificing the canary? 

If I don't go into the tunnels for the treasure of lost souls, after He has prepared me, aren't I saying His Sacrifice wasn't worth it.

No comments: