Saturday, June 11, 2016

"Darkness No More" - 06/11/16 - I Kings 8, 2 Chronicles 5



"The Lord said He would dwell in the dark cloud.
I have surely built You an exalted house.
And a place for You to dwell in forever."(I Kings 8:12-13)

I love seeing the sunbeams pierce through the dark clouds.  How they stretch out, extending the light into the dark. 

Much as He has done with the dark cloud of my "self".

Casting His Light into the inner most corners and illuminating my all into His.  Creating me into His Vessel of Light. 

Solomon built a most beautiful temple to house The Ark of The Covenant.

Through accepting our Savior, He took my body and created the most beautiful temple to house The Holy Spirit. 

I Corinthians 3:16 says, “Do you not know your body is a temple of  The Holy Spirit.” Andrew Murray, in his book The Spirit of Christ, elaborated on this in a way that was very helpful to me. He said in the Jewish temple there were three courts: the outer court, the inner court, and The Holy of holies.

Murray described how our bodies are like the outer court. The inner court is like our mind, our will and our emotions. But inside of us is The Holy of holies where The Spirit of God dwells. The Holy Spirit dwells inside our spirit. So inside you and inside me is The Holy of holies. The Holy of holies is in you. Verse 17 of that chapter says, “The temple of God is Holy, and that temple is what you are.” That will help your self-image to know, when in Christ, The Holy of holies is in you and in me.

And the day this shell of my body is ready to be returned to the earth, my soul will journey on to the place He has prepared for me.  Heaven.  Eternally.  With Him. 

No more dark clouds.  For in Heaven.  His Light is so bright the sun is not needed. 








No comments: