Tuesday, June 07, 2016

'The Only Way To Love "Me"' - 06/07/16 - Proverbs 19-21


"He who gets Wisdom loves his own soul." (19:8)


This verse hit me in between the eyes a number of years ago.  I realized I didn't love me.  Love me as He loves me.  

Because of that, I was allowing myself to be in situations I felt worthy - or rather unworthy -of.  I believed I wasn't included in the Promises He has told each of us, we are given.  

I was also searching for Love in all the wrong places.

Through His Word, He has transformed my eyesight when looking at me.  For the most part, I am able to see me through His eyes.  To ignore and cast aside the lies of the world and my self.  Yes, I still fight the urge to believe, "I am too fat, too ugly, too stupid, too much bad/evil", to amount to what He designed me to be. 

We are promised the gift of Wisdom through knowing His Word.

It is through Wisdom we are able to love our own soul - as He does.

Not the way of the world, which only promotes self love. 

Loving our own soul as He does, it promotes growth in our love for our ABBA, for others. 

Because when we love our own soul as He does, "self" doesn't matter anymore. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deby, I absolutely love Proverbs. And I read it often. I am always amazed at how something I read a while ago, and then again, hits me differently each time. I never read that scripture like that before. Thank you for fleshing that out. Worldly love is shallow and of no worth. But God's love, so complete!
God bless
Tracy

deby said...

I am in a group doing the hardest, yet most rewarding study, I have ever done. "The Lost Commandment, Love Yourself (Jerry and Denise Basel). So wish I had of done this when I was in my teens! His time. His way. In Christ - deby