Friday, August 29, 2014

"No But" - 08/01/14 - Isaiah 64-66



Still, God, You are our Father. We're the clay and You're our Potter: All of us are what You made us (64:8)


"You" made us. Not the opinions or criticisms of others. Not the doubts that creep into our minds and flow down into our hearts. Not the lies of satan.


"You" - our ABBA. God, "You" are our Father.


My ABBA did it again.
For the past couple of weeks, I have been going through a low place in my journey. Doubt was creeping in and I was allowing it to have a voice. A voice that was growing louder than His Truths. It didn't come alone - it came with suffocation and darkness. Doubt has as subtle, but determined way of enveloping your whole being and trying to remake you into what you aren't. What you never can be. To forget that He is our "potter". He designed and made us. And ABBA doesn't make junk. or trash. or mistakes. or failures. or shame.

We are His Beloved.


Doubt is satan's most powerful tool in taking your focus off of your ABBA and putting it onto "self".


Last night, He placed me within a circle of my sisters and we shared. We grew. We laughed. We dug into Him and His Truths.

As a mother comforts her child, so I'll comfort you. You will be comforted in Jerusalem." You'll see all this and burst with joy - you'll feel ten feet tall - As it becomes apparent that God is on your side and against His enemies. (66:13-14)


He spoke directly to my heart through our study. Not only to me, but all of us in the room. How can you not believe and trust in Him? It isn't by chance that words we need, persons we need, become present in our lives at the exact moment we are at the place of needing to turn back to Him and His Truths.
 
Last night ABBA comforted and worked His healing, reminding me, I am His design. I am "fearfully and wonderfully made". I am beautiful - inside and out.
 
And 10 ft tall - no "but" about it.

No comments: