Friday, August 29, 2014

"Praying" - 08/17/14 - Jeremiah 35-37



"Pray for us - pray hard! - to the Master, our God." (37:3)


There are times when we are so not able to do anything - other than pray. When our words ring out hollow. When our actions aren't enough. When we can't be the one to "fix it", protect, or keep safe. There are times when the evil in this world rears up its ugly head and we realize just how very small we are. When it is just "us".


This morning His family gained another member - a young man, Joshua. As he was baptized, I prayed for him. I prayed The Holy Spirit would continue to grow and lead Him. I prayed for His passion and love for God to only grow deeper and stronger roots. I prayed for His Faith in Christ to remain firmly implanted within his heart and shine out for others to see and desire for themselves. I prayed for His hedge of protection to be about him and his family. satan is on the warpath - angry as all get out and he will be - without doubt - attacking any which way there is.
 
Within moments afterwards, I was standing in a small room, one of many forming a circle to pray for our sister, Jessica Moore, and her family. In the early morning hours her sister had been killed in an auto accident. My heart was in awe of the prayers from the lips of those who lived life with the one who was gone. Their faith, their putting their hearts into His care. From the day I met Jessica, it is her faith and ability to forgive that hit me hard. This young woman who walks the talk.
It is through and with His family I am growing in Him. I learn and see so much of His Word come alive and do battle - together. I am so thankful and blessed to be a part of this treasure. I couldn't imagine life without them. It is through ABBA and His family we are able to rise up above the ugly head of satan. For "in" Him - we are bigger. we are stronger. And yes, we are on the winning side.


So many are celebrating, hurting, struggling, looking. So many I can not live day to day life with, but I am able to pray for.
Prayer - it is our "lifeline" to and from our ABBA.
I am just reminding you too, "Pray for us - pray hard! - to the Master, our God."

No comments: