Wednesday, April 25, 2012

"THE SHUFFLE" - 04/22/12 - 2 Sam 5:1-3, 1 Chron 11:1-3, 12:23-40, 2 Sam 5:17-25, 1 Chron 14:8-17, 2 Sam 5:6-10, 1 Chron 11:4-9, 3:4, 2 Sam 5:13, 5:4-5, 5:11-12, 1 Chron 14:1-2, 13:1-5, 2 Sam 6:1-11, 1 Chron 13:6-14

"Go up," God replied. "Count on me. I'll help you beat them." (1 Chron 14:15)  "When you hear a sound like shuffling feet in the tops of the balsams, attack; God will be two steps ahead of you, slaughtering the Philistines."(2Sam 5:20-21)



I have always loved this verse from the first time I read it.  I love to imagine how it would have been to be in the midst of a battle and stop. 

Stop to listen for "a sound like shuffling feet in the tops of the balsams". 

I love that He is two steps ahead of us, "slaughtering the evil that is in our path".  That He has cleared the way through Christ.  That I can count on Him.  That He is my ultimate Helper.  My triumpant Leader.

I love God's imagination - His using the "out of the ordinary" to have faith and depend on Him.  It makes me wonder how many rushed forward to attack and how many held back saying, "are you sure we're hearing what we're to be hearing".

Humans. 

I love how differently He created us.  And all of us are in His image.  Each different, unique, interesting, part of us is in His image.

We are our own worst enemy. 

Tonight in group, one shared that they feel so inadequate, ill equipped to be a leader, to tell others about Christ.  That is exactly what satan wants us to believe.  The neat thing is - God gave him a blessing and reinforcement that he is a leader and a witness.  He had a man come up and tell him that because of him, he was able to pray with his wife and son - for the first time ever.  He then told him that he gains much strength from the Christ example that he is living.  

I love how God gets in our face to show us that through the eyes of satan or even self we do not see see ourselves accurately.  How He sees us.  How we really are In Him.  Through Him.  Because of Him. 

I am just as guilty in believing the lies.  In believing that my weaknesses are much greater than His Will.  How bold of me to think that I can get in the way of Him.  He is able to use all things/people for His glory.  The lies I believe at times.  I love how His Word sets me straight.  To listen to His truths and not hinder my job in reaching others for Christ. 

I love how His Word is training me to "hear a sound like shuffling feet in the tops of the balsams". 

No comments: