Tuesday, January 01, 2013

"From Nothingness" - ‎01/01/13 - Genesis 1:1-3:24

"First this: God created the Heavens and Earth—all you see, all you don’t see. Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness." (1:1-2)

There are often times that I take His greatness for granted.  That I take His power, His being in complete control, His being the one and only "I AM" , and think that I am.  That I am able to do it all, control it all, have things go my way.

What a God we serve. 

"Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness."

From this - "God created the Heavens and Earth—all you see, all you don’t see."

I marvel of Him.  That He was able to see it in His mind and just speak everything into being.  Waking up this morning to another breathtakingly, beautiful day.  Mounds of white snow covering the trees and bushes, reflecting the light from His sunshine.  His perfect blue sky the background of the crisp, clean colors. 

All of this from "a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness."

The first day of 2013. 

I woke up reflecting on the past years He has brought me through.  How my life was an inky blackness, a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness.  How He has filled it, used it for His glory.  How He has transformed my life to be that of beauty "in" Him.  I am so thankful for the way His Word is taking my focus off myself and onto His face.  That I am able to count my blessings more often that wallowing in self pity.  That He is growing my faith in knowing that through trials and tribulations, He is in control.  To wait upon His timing.  After all, He decided to create all of everything in six days, not in one spoken word. 

I was thinking about what I wanted to get done today.  One of them was putting the clean sheets on Nichalas/Amber's bed.  It suddenly hit me that the earliest they'll be back to sleep in them may be in seven months, but more likely in two years. 

Two years.

And after tomorrow, Adam's won't be slept in again for seven months. 

Seven months.

So much will happen in that time.  I look back at how much has passed in my 53 years and stand amazed how quickly it went.  I stand amazed that when He was creating the world He knew I would be here.  This very moment, using a computer to share about Him. 

Doesn't that blow you away? 

To think that in His whole creation, a little speck in the whole picture of things, He knew. 

And He did it all for me.  For us. 

Humans.  His creation.  Reflection of Him.

"God created human beings;
he created them godlike,
Reflecting God’s nature.
He created them male and female.
God blessed them:
“Prosper! Reproduce! Fill Earth! Take charge!
Be responsible for fish in the sea and birds in the air,
for every living thing that moves on the face of Earth.”  (1:27-28)


I am so thankful that each moment is a new beginning.  That my Savior has wiped my slate clean.  That as long as I breath, I have the promise of new steps.  Of new years, new days, new moments.  To know now, from the moment of creation the stars were on their journey to line up at the exact time of our Savior's birth.  Our Savior for a new life.  The beginning of the new covenant in Him. 

Separating day from night.  Evil from Good.  Eternal Death from Eternal Life.

New.

"God spoke: “Lights! Come out!
Shine in Heaven’s sky!
Separate Day from Night.
Mark seasons and days and years,
Lights in Heaven’s sky to give light to Earth.”
And there it was." (1:14-15)

He knows my numbered seasons, days and years.  He has given me Light to mark them. 

My Light is His Son.  My Savior.

My Light is The Holy Spirit.  My  Helper.

My Light is His Word.  My Guide.

My Light is My Daddy - the Creator of all. 

And My Daddy holds me in the palm of His hand.

New beginnings from nothingness..............only He can do that.

No comments: