Friday, February 26, 2016

"His Jewel" - 02/10/15 - Exodus 33-35


Exodus 35:29 "Every man and woman in Israel whose heart moved them freely to bring something for the work that God through Moses had commanded them to make, brought it, a voluntary offering for God."(35:29)


Voluntary offering. He doesn't want - our "jewelry" - if it isn't because our hearts want to give it. Otherwise, we would be like slaves, robots, without free choice.

This is yet another thing that wows me about God. He gave us His most precious "jewel" - our Christ. All the while knowing, not everyone would accept Him - because He has given us free choice.

No one loves like He does, to the depth - the unconditional - the constant - from the east to the west. No one.

And still, I hold back on giving up my "jewelry" to Him.

I cling to them and wear them with self pride - false sense of security - selfishness - self righteousness. All about self. And why do I do that? When His way is The right way to wear my "jewelry". To belong to Him - to His family - to be loved like that. In all purity - all that is good.

Reading how so many came together for building His Sanctuary- the many, many gifts and talents - their "jewelry".

This Spiritual Battle we are in for the lost souls can not be fought alone. We have to get on board - we have to give Him our "jewels" as a voluntary offering. For only then are we giving Him our heart.

Where our treasure is - there is our heart.
Where our heart is - there is our passion.    

"So Moses sent out orders through the camp: "Men! Women! No more offerings" (Exodus 36:6)

I pray that I too will give, give, give, so much until the day when He returns and I hear His victory call. Crying out for all to hear - "no more offerings".

How exciting to be using my "jewels" for building more of His Sanctuaries!

No comments: