Wednesday, February 03, 2016

"Then I Stumble" - 02/03/16 - Exodus 13-15



 "Pharaoh will think, 'The Israelites are lost; they're confused. The wilderness has closed in on them.' Then I'll make Pharaoh's heart stubborn again and he'll chase after them. And I'll use Pharaoh and his army to put my Glory on display. Then the Egyptians will realize that I am God."
(14:3-4)

There are many times when life doesn't make sense.
When following God's lead goes against the grain.

 And during those times, I am sure some persons will look at me and think I am lost.
 And sometimes, even I will look at where He is taking me and think the same.

 It is when I take my focus off of Him - my Shepherd - who is leading me.
 It is when I look down at my feet, back behind me to where I have come from, the landscape surrounding me - looking everywhere except to Him.

And then - I stumble.
It is those moments the world and satan are waiting for.
To close in for the kill.

How thankful I am He is there to catch me.  He doesn't let me fall to the wayside. How thankful I am He takes my hand, and as I look full into His face,  I continue onward with my Shepherd.

My Christ. My Savior. My bestest friend.

"They were totally afraid. They cried out in terror to God." (Exodus 14:10)

The Israelites lost focus again - off of their Shepherd.

"The Israelites walked through the sea on dry ground with the waters a wall to the right and to the left. The Egyptians came after them in full pursuit, every horse and chariot and driver of Pharaoh racing into the middle of the sea. It was now the morning watch." (Exodus 14:22-24)

Ever since I turned to our ABBA, grew in Him - satan has been in full pursuit, trying to trip me up.  And our ABBA  always provides a way of escape to each and every temptation thrown into my path. I am totally surrounded by Him on dry, firm ground. Just as when I was baptized, surrounded in water receiving the gift of The Holy Spirit who lives within me.

My Helper.
He consumes me.

"God looked down from the Pillar of Fire and Cloud on the Egyptian army and threw them into a panic. He clogged the wheels of their chariots; they were stuck in the mud." (Exodus 14:25) 
The same dry ground He provided for the Israelites escape became mud. Just as He does when protecting us. He surrounds us and clogs up the wheels of sin. There is such sweet freedom when  walking on His dry, firm ground. Holding His hand - following in His steps. I am so thankful for all He has done and will do for me, as we journey onward to my Promised Home with Him.

My Shepherd.
Our Shepherd.

No comments: