Friday, February 26, 2016

"The Wonders of Color" - 02/11/16 - Exodus 36-38


"woven of fine linen, and of blue, purple, and scarlet thread; with artistic designs of cherubim they made them."(36:8)

Color - gold, silver, bronze, blue, purple, and scarlet. Even including mirrors to reflect.



Often when it snows, and I am home, I love to sit at our kitchen table, looking out the window.
 
Watching His blanket of snow covering the earth, steadily falling straight down, peaceful and serene. The blanket of white filling in the nooks and crannies of the trees. The contrast against the dark wood making the graceful, beautiful lines stand out. It reminds me of looking into a snow globe. It will be within only a few weeks - a riot of color begin to pop out. Pinks, reds, white, yellow, and purple in all different tones.

Color - I love to look into peoples' eyes just to see the marvelous color He has created. Curt has eyes that are a Caribbean sea blue green - just beautiful. They say Elizabeth Taylor's were purple. Our skin tones, the beauty of brown, black, tan, red, white.

Color - I love how He created color. How He created the different senses.

I love how He created things for our senses to enjoy. The smell of perfume, a freshly washed baby, clothes from the line, the skin of your child. Taste of chocolate first thing in the morning exploding in your mouth, home cooking, desserts. To feel the touch of a loved one, a hug from someone you miss, the squeeze of a hand. To see and soak in the beauty of those you love, the colors, the bright eyes when you are seen. To hear, "I love you", the call of, "mommy", the sound of a child's laughter.

He could have made everything without colors, scents, feel or sound.
And He didn't.

God told Moses exactly what materials and colors to use in the building of the tabernacle. Only the best and finest. His Word, His nature, His creations, His people, all tell me how much He loves color. It amazes me how He utilizes all the same "equipment" in the art of creating. Yet out of the vast numbers of His Creations, nothing looks exactly alike.

Our Abba is a God of color, joy, love, laughter - celebration.
My Abba - He gives me such treasures for all of my senses.

No comments: