Tuesday, February 02, 2016

"Our Ripples" - 02/02/16 - Exodus 10-12


"God said to Moses: "Stretch your hand over Egypt and signal the locusts to cover the land"(10:12)

At times it actually frightens me how much power God gives us in our choices.

With just the "stretching out of my hand".

My ripples, are they for His glory or self? What I do and say, touches so many lives. How I am as a wife, mother, mom in love, g'ma, aunt, cousin, friend. All the roles He has placed me in, touch someone or many ones. 

Throughout Scripture God used our hands as a tool - Moses and the locust - Christ washing feet, breaking the bread - the writing of The Bible - just to name a few of the very many.

Moses was told to "stretch out his hand over Egypt and signal the locust". He was going up against a Pharaoh who had went back on his word time and time again.

Moses - did he ever feel,
what is the use?
did he ever feel defeated?
 a fool?
 Or did he stand firm in God.

When I am up against the "Pharaoh's" of this world, when sin seems so overwhelming, I thank Him for the hope I see - The Light in the darkness. To stand firm in Him - to wave my hand in how I am instructed.   Knowing His army - is waiting for the signal from our Christ to overtake and consume every bit of sin.

Again, I am reminded this is such a temporary home. When I think of Christ on the cross, His hands spread out - He is stretching them over the land for me - for all - for our souls.

 And one day - when He returns - I will be lifted up to Him - His hands will envelope me.

But until that day, I must reach out my hands to share Him. To grab hold of  the lost who are in this world. To draw them into Him. Until He comes again, or I have died from this world,  I must be His disciple.

The power He gives me in my hands. I pray I am using it for His Glory at every turn. I pray my heart will not be stubborn as Pharaoh.  I pray I may be a woman after God's heart with each breath I take.

I continually pray "the ripples of my hands" will touch lives for Him.

No comments: