Thursday, February 04, 2016

"In Our Weakness" - 02/04/16 - Exodus 16-18





"Joshua did what Moses ordered in order to fight Amalek. And Moses, Aaron, and Hur went to the top of the hill. It turned out that whenever Moses raised his hands, Israel was winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, Amalek was winning. But Moses' hands got tired. So they got a stone and set it under him. He sat on it and Aaron and Hur held up his hands, one on each side. So his hands remained steady until the sun went down. Joshua defeated Amalek and its army in battle."(17:10-13)

We are in a spiritual battle just as real as the physical one the Israelites were fighting. And we can not do it alone. We must surround ourselves with His army - His family, for we will tire out as Moses did. We will need someone to help hold us up.

The battle doesn't stop when we grow weary. This is when satan attacks the hardest.

I think about how God is our "stone". Christ is our "stone". The Holy Spirit is our "stone". His Word is our "stone". The "stone" we base ourselves on.

It is His family is who holds us up - cares for us - fights for/with us.
"This is way too much for you - you can't do this alone."(18:18)   

I came away from His Word today affirmed once more - we can not do life all alone.

It is essential to be in His Word and  His family  To be committed.  His Word has to be carried in your heart - it isn't a "coffee table" book. And our life is to be a part of His Family - not just a "pew sitter", for we are "the church". 

One evening awhile back,  my best friend, my "sister" in Him, was unexpectedly standing on my doorstep.  I love having relationship with others who know they are always welcome into my life at any time.  any moment. 

It became a time of just connecting.  laughing.  venting.  sharing.  and talking about our ABBA. 
I shall always carry in my treasures, seeing her inside out beauty under the soft glow of the lamp. 

There are so many in my life who cover me with prayer.  with encouragement.  with accountability.  with love.  There are so many in my life whom I see Christ shining through and am honored, blessed they have chosen to share life with me. 

I love the strangers He puts into my life, even for just a moment, and reveals to us through quick conversations - we are siblings through our Christ. 

There are many moments I am blown away when He opens my eyes to the love pouring out from Him through those who let me know - I am not alone. 

We need each other - to share life and all that comes with it.  Our ABBA designed us to need, interact with each other, but most of all -  we were made with the need of Him.

Our God gave us His only Son so we may be on the winning side of this spiritual battle and it is our choice how we fight.  It is our choice the weaponry we use and whom we fight with, on His side.  The side which has already won.

No comments: