Friday, February 26, 2016

"And Beyond" - 02/21/16 - Leviticus 24-25



“I’ll set up my residence in your neighborhood; I won’t avoid or shun you; I’ll stroll through your streets. I’ll be your God; you’ll be my people. I am God, your personal God who rescued you from Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians. I ripped off the harness of your slavery so that you can move about freely. (25:11-13)...

Phoenix, Arizona.
1479 miles from us.

I am so very thankful to live in an age of automobiles, airplanes, cell phones and Skype. It helps a little (stressing "a little") easing the not being able to physically be together more often with our Nichalas and Amber. It hits hardest part of our family is missing when we are together with Adam, Ashley, Charlie and Ella. When with our other families.

If I allow myself, I could fall into the pit of self-pity. Mourning the fact we are missing out on the making of more memories, unable to share the day to day moments because of the 1479 miles. Instead, after visiting them, seeing where our ABBA is using them, all the persons lives being touched by ABBA through them, I have a peace. Excitement knowing the legacy of Him is being passed on.

Hearing and seeing first hand the "ripples" of Him are the small Tastes of Heaven He shares with us.

1479 miles from us.

Mostly though, what I am thankful for is our Daddy lives everywhere - at once. There is not one single place He isn't. Not one.

Even 1479 miles from us.

So many emotions run through my heart, knowing no matter where our feet take us, this is where our Daddy lives. I have such happiness He is not only our neighbor, but lives in our home as well. There is such peace, no matter where we are planted, we are surrounded by siblings. We are never alone - even in a new place.

Even 1479 miles from us.

I so love our Daddy is everywhere to welcome us always. Never will He see us coming and run the other way or pretend He doesn't see us. He wants us to feel at home in this temporary place. He wants us to have security and safety knowing He is here. He has promised to meet our needs. This way we won't have to concentrate on where we belong, but on Him and what He has planted us here to do.

Knowing He is "strolling through our neighborhoods" tells me He isn't eager to leave. He wants to be there or here with us. He desires to be with us.

It is such a freedom knowing none of us have to worry about where He plants us. He is already there as our welcoming committee. This makes me look forward in excitement to the Divine Appointments He has in store for me every day. Where will I be and see signs of Him? Will one of the persons I meet and smile at turn out to be a sibling? Will we more than just pass by each other or has He decided we are to share some steps of life together. What neighbors does He have lined up for me to walk with this or all seasons.

I think about Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. He always had a welcome mat out for all who came by. Much like our Daddy does. He wants us to experience life with Him and our siblings. He has ripped off the yokes of slavery so we can move and grow in Him anywhere. Growing His neighborhood.

It is so exciting knowing He lives in our neighborhood.
No matter the address.

Even 1479 miles and beyond from us.


 
 
 
 
 

No comments: