Tuesday, February 09, 2016

"First Fruits" - 02/09/16 - Exodus 30-32

02/09/16 - Exodus 30-32

"First Fruits"



Exodus 32:24 "Who has gold?' And they took off their jewelry and gave it to me. I threw it in the fire and out came this calf."(32:24)

Aaron's excuse always sounded so lame to me. I'm sure Moses was thinking, "yea, right". 

Yet I overlook the fact, my excuses are just as lame.

Particularly when it comes to being a good steward with the "jewelry" He has given me.

 It comes in all forms.
 Time, money, gifts, talents.

And how often I "waste" what is given to me - use it for "self" and not Him.

 He has instructed me to tithe regularly.
 My first fruits, my very best.
And how often do I take the best and leave the leftovers for Him?

It is pathetic really for I have found, when giving Him the "first fruits" my priorities, the way I live, my life changes. He doesn't instruct this because He needs our "jewelry".  He did it so we will grow to desire to give Him more.  He did it so our "jewelry" won't become our god.   In a way only He can do, the more we give Him - the more of Him fills us.

When Aaron said, "I threw it into the fire", I wonder how often do I do the same. Intentionally utilizing my "jewelry" for "self" and then be surprised when " a calf (sin) comes out".



 God knows my heart. He knows how I desire to use my "jewelry", even the times I fail.

Moses was so angry.
 Do I get this angry about sin?
 When I see the "calf" being worshiped and not God?
 When it is me that puts "self" before Him?

Tolerance - another tool swinging from satan's tool belt.
The numbing it causes within us as His ways are being broken.
Tolerance.  Just another way of playing with fire and "out came a calf".

I pray I will be a better steward of His "jewelry".
To stand firm within Him as Joshua did beside Moses - even when so many do not.
I pray my face glows because I am speaking with God, living for Him.
("the skin of his face glowed because he had been speaking with God" Ex 34:29)

I pray I shall choose to be a good steward for Him.

With the all of my "jewelry"

No comments: