Thursday, February 02, 2012

02/02/12 - harsh slave conditions

Exodus 5:22-23 "Moses went back to God and said, "My Master, why are you treating this people so badly? And why did you ever send me? From the moment I came to Pharaoh to speak in your name, things have only gotten worse for this people. And rescue? Does this look like rescue to you?"

So many times when things don't make sense, I begin to question you - your plans - begin to doubt you want the best for me. I begin to listen to satans' or self lies. That you are not a righteous, fair God who loves me. I know, looking back, those times of being on the bottom, were sometimes the result of my choices. Or they were sometimes the place I needed to be in order to rid me of self and rely on you.

Exodus 6:6-8 "Therefore tell the Israelites: "I am God. I will bring you out from under the cruel hard labor of Egypt. I will rescue you from slavery. I will redeem you, intervening with great acts of judgment. I'll take you as my own people and I'll be God to you. You'll know that I am God, your God who brings you out from under the cruel hard labor of Egypt. I'll bring you into the land that I promised to give Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and give it to you as your own country. I AM God." 9 But when Moses delivered this message to the Israelites, they didn't even hear him—they were that beaten down in spirit by the harsh slave conditions."

How many times do I lose focus and take my eyes off of you. To become so wrapped up in my "harsh slave conditions" that all I focus on is "woe is me". To forget that whatever I am going through, isn't anything compared to what you gave up for me. Or what Christ did for me. So wrapped up in the "harsh slave conditions" that I don't even hear you.

I must remember and believe - You are "I AM". you are in control and you are taking me to my "promised land". This is just a temporary place. Just like my past "harsh slave conditions", at the time I didn't know how I'd ever make it through. And today, some of those times I can't even remember. The ones I do - I am so aware of how you brought me through the fire. How you purified me. How when hitting the bottom - after my pity party - I looked and you were always there with me.

All I have to do is believe - You are God. A true, holy, righteous God - my "Abba Daddy" - who holds me in the palm of His hand.

Even during "harsh slave conditions".

No comments: