Wednesday, February 29, 2012

02/29/12 - For the entire duration

Numbers 6:8 "For the entire duration of your consecration you are holy to God.

Consecrated - given over exclusively to a single use or purpose: dedicated, devoted, hallowed, sacred.

"For the entire duration"

Not just part or some - the entire - "given over exclusively to a single use or purpose".

It is my free choice to follow God. To give myself to Him through Christ. In doing so, I have been consecrated. Made Holy, pure, set apart by His blood.

It was explained to me once to picture a large see-through balloon with a smaller one inside of it. That smaller balloon represents me and the outer one is Christ. When God looks at me, He looks through Christ to see me, He who has consecrated me - made me Holy. Only then can I be with God. He is Holy and can not be with sin. And that is exactly what I am outside of Christ - sin.

I have recently read a book, "Hell is real (but I hate to admit it)". We are also taking a Downline Disciple Class. Two separate studies, two different authors, exact same words in them. It has refocused me, caused me to reexamine my life.

What is my single purpose? What am I dedicated to?

This morning I woke up thinking about the message in that book. The urgency in Matthew 28:18-20, "Jesus, undeterred, went right ahead and gave His charge: "God authorized and commanded me to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."

Go out and train everyone I meet. Do I? In the original Greek, "Go" is a participle. "Go" actually means, "While I am going, make disciples."

Being consecrated in/by Christ isn't only a life saver, blessing, honor, privilege. It is the uniform I am wearing. I belong to the Army of God. It is my job description - While in the act of living, I am to be training.

And do I? Does the thought of hell motivate me to set aside "self"? My insecurities, my issues? Do I see the lost? Try to build relationships with them as framework to introduce them to Him? To give them the free choice of Heaven or hell?

"for the entire duration of my consecration".............

No comments: