Tuesday, February 14, 2012

02/14/12 hard headed learner

Numbers 9:15-23 The Message (MSG)
The Cloud
15-16 "The day The Dwelling was set up, the Cloud covered The Dwelling of the Tent of Testimony. From sunset until daybreak it was over The Dwelling. It looked like fire. It was like that all the time, the Cloud over The Dwelling and at night looking like fire.
17-23 When the Cloud lifted above the Tent, the People of Israel marched out; and when the Cloud descended the people camped. The People of Israel marched at God's command and they camped at his command. As long as the Cloud was over The Dwelling, they camped. Even when the Cloud hovered over The Dwelling for many days, they honored God's command and wouldn't march. They stayed in camp, obedient to God's command, as long as the Cloud was over The Dwelling, but the moment God issued orders they marched. If the Cloud stayed only from sunset to daybreak and then lifted at daybreak, they marched. Night or day, it made no difference—when the Cloud lifted, they marched. It made no difference whether the Cloud hovered over The Dwelling for two days or a month or a year, as long as the Cloud was there, they were there. And when the Cloud went up, they got up and marched. They camped at God's command and they marched at God's command. They lived obediently by God's orders as delivered by Moses."


So much repetition in this passage. A passage for a hard headed learner - like me.

How often instead of following His lead, do I go off on my own schedule? How often do I end up in a place away from where He wants me and yell, "help". Oh how exasperated I get with me. I can only imagine how He must feel.

And then He tells me, "There is nothing you can do that stops me loving you - nothing". And yet, again He rescues me - brings me back to His dwelling. I am learning to watch and wait upon His time, His way. I am learning to Focus, Faith and Trust (FFT). Being in His Word enables me to hear His voice, His direction. And in doing so, I am learning to enjoy life more. To celebrate "camping" and "marching".

In "camping" He has blessed me with many, many memories. Celebrations in getting to know people, to become family with them. To utilize the resources He has given me. To prepare for the march ahead. To be a good steward. To explore the time of "camping". And sometimes, when it is time to "march", I've become so attached to the campsite, it is bittersweet to march onward to the next leg of the journey.

During the "march" though, if I focus on Him, it becomes an adventure. Seeing new sights, sharing experiences with family as we march along together. Knowing our Commander in Chief has everything in His control - FFT.

And He knows when we need to "camp" or "march". He wants what is best for me. He loves me. I pray I will continue to grow and follow His lead. Accept His time - His way. That in all parts of this journey I will step aside and follow Him

I pray I will "live obediently by God's orders". )

No comments: