Monday, February 27, 2012

02/27/12 - His order


Numbers 2:34 "The People of Israel did everything the way God commanded Moses: They camped under their respective flags; they marched by tribe with their ancestral families."

There is such an order about God. The way He has designed everything.

Everything.

This wasn't some rag tag group of over 603,550 people. They were organized. In order. I can only imagine what this sea of people looked like from afar. The gold, jewels, their clothes, shoes that never wore out. All being led by a pillar of fire at night and a cloud in the day.

And still the people had a choice. As do we. To do everything the way God commanded. It is His way or the highway so to speak. On our own - away from His care - or under His wing in the palm of His hand.

My life. How well ordered is it? I strive to be a good steward of all He has blessed me with. Tax papers were delivered to the accountant before we left (PTL!!!). Our home and shop are getting a total clean/organization when we get back. I am tired of losing precious time looking for "something", taking care of "stuff". Stuff can be such a burden when not organized, sorted through and cast out what is not needed or used. I don't imagine the Israelites had a lot of "stuff" to load around. Reminds me of the wagon trains that headed west. Upon leaving they took so many "things" they couldn't live without, only having to leave it along the trail on their journey. I don't want to continue my journey with "stuff" I can't live without and realize I've been carrying all the wrong "stuff". I want my "stuff" to be about Him - eternity - love.

My spiritual life. I love how He is taking me through His word this year. How writing about verses, seeing how He speaks to others about the same sections, has made it more real. It sticks to me. It also has drawn me closer to Him.

Being organized - order in life. So like the universe He created. He created for six days and Sabbath the seventh. Do I "create" six days and Sabbath the seventh? Do I Sabbath everyday - yes. And what a blessing that is for me. For my relationship with Him. For my relationship with everyone.

I love how His Scripture is so alive.

How it all corresponds within itself.

How His Word gives order to my life.

No comments: