Tuesday, February 21, 2012

02/21/12 - Sin is a cancer

Lev 14:33-15:34

I remember when someone was upset because they felt God was too strict about sin - that there isn't a gray area with Him. There can not be - for He is Holy - without sin. The reason He has such strict guidelines is because sin is a cancer. It will spread and consume all of me. It has to be removed from my body/life. Just as they were instructed for the procedures regarding infectious skin diseases and mildew and fungus in these passages.

How thankful I am that it is only through Christ that I become totally clean. There isn't any way I can remove it by myself. I can try, but I will fail. He has given me a way to live my life, to help me walk in His way - but I am unable to cleanse or heal myself from sin. Only in Christ. I am thankful for His Word from which I receive His Wisdom. It makes life so much easier. I am thankful for how He has healed me from the consequences of my sins. I am so very thankful that He has made me whole.

He is my great physician.

No comments: