Sunday, February 05, 2012

02/05/12 - When I stumble

Exodus 14: 3-4 "Pharaoh will think, 'The Israelites are lost; they're confused. The wilderness has closed in on them.' Then I'll make Pharaoh's heart stubborn again and he'll chase after them. And I'll use Pharaoh and his army to put my Glory on display. Then the Egyptians will realize that I am God."

There are many times when life doesn't make sense. When following God's lead goes against the grain. And during those times, I am sure some persons will look at me and think I am lost. And even I will look at where He is taking me and think the same. It is when I take my focus off of Him - my Shepherd - who is leading me. It is when I look down at my feet, back behind me to where I have come from, the landscape surrounding me - looking everywhere except to Him.

And then I stumble.

It is at those moments the world and satan are waiting for to close in for the kill. How thankful I am that you catch me, don't let me fall. How thankful I am that you take my hand and I look full into your face, as I continue onward with my Shepherd.

My Christ. My Savior. My bestest friend.

"They were totally afraid. They cried out in terror to God." (Exodus 14:10)

The Israelites lost focus again - off of their Shepherd.

"The Israelites walked through the sea on dry ground with the waters a wall to the right and to the left. The Egyptians came after them in full pursuit, every horse and chariot and driver of Pharaoh racing into the middle of the sea. It was now the morning watch." (Exodus 14:22-24)

Ever since I turned to you, grew in you - satan has been in full pursuit. You always provide a way of escape. I am totally surrounded by you on dry, firm ground. Just as when I was baptized, surrounded in water and received the gift of the Holy Spirit who lives within me.

Consumes me.

"God looked down from the Pillar of Fire and Cloud on the Egyptian army and threw them into a panic. He clogged the wheels of their chariots; they were stuck in the mud." (Exodus 14:25)

I had never noticed this before. The same dry ground you provided for the Israelites escape became mud. Just as you do when protecting me. You surround me , and clog up their wheels. How awesome it is walking on your dry, firm ground. Holding your hand - following in your steps. I am so thankful for all you have done/do for me as I journey on to my Promised Home with you.


"If I keep my eyes on God, I won’t trip over my own feet."- (Psalm 25:15)

My Shepherd.

No comments: